Panmure Swing Bridge, also known as the Tamaki River Bridge (which is actually the third bridge in this location), was constructed in 1864-1865. It had 18 fixed spans and one swinging section that could be opened to let ships pass.
|Ref: AWNS-19110727-3-1, Panmure Swing Bridge, 1911, Sir George Grey Special Collections|
|Ref: 4-1519, Panmure Swing Bridge, 1916, Sir George Grey Special Collections|
|Ref: 580-3630, water mains being installed on the current Tamaki River Bridge, 1959, Sir George Grey Special Collection|